top of page

Citizenship and Naturalization:

Form N-400 and Form N-600, both have to do with US citizenship, but these forms do not serve the same purpose. For most people, it is very confusing to which form they should file, and that is the main reason to hire an experience attorney to take care of it for you.

Let’s breakdown the difference between the two. Form N-400 is used for a legal immigrant who is a lawful permanent resident (a green card holder) and meet certain criteria to become a naturalized US citizen. Naturalization is the process to become a U.S. citizen if you were born outside of the United States. However, form N-600 is meant for people who acquire or derive citizenship from their parents and who need to obtain US citizenship certificates. 

There is one main difference between USCIS Form N-400 and Form N-600. If you are not a U.S. citizen but want to become one, you file Form N-400. If you are already a U.S. citizen but need a certificate to prove it, you file Form N-600. Please contact our office if you need any help or clarification.

bottom of page